For other curious humans, here is a compilation of interesting things:
- SEG Wiki is a first stop resource for people looking to understand more about various earth science topics. Each page presents an introduction to a concept and will guide you to additional resources if you are looking for additional information.
- Each year, my students practice their written communication skills by creating a new wiki page. Check them out!
- My student’s SEG Wiki projects
- IRIS Seismic Interpretation online modules for those looking to expand their knowledge of seismic data and how geologists explore the subsurface.
- In the last decade, Oklahoma has become known for its occurrence of induced seismicity. The Oklahoma Geologic Survey works to study and keep track of related earthquakes, and you can find out more here.
- SERC is a great one-stop shop for all levels of geology education resources.
- There are many OER (Open Educational Resources) available for those wishing to learn about different aspects of anything. In terms of geology, I favor: